Growth Mindset





I had never heard of the growth mindset, but I love the idea of it. I think that the way classes are traditionally set up is detrimental to most people, so having schools set up with the growth mindset would be amazing. I loved in Dweck's TedTalk that she spoke about how we don't give certain groups the opportunity to grow and like the school in Harlem, if we did with the right tools they would flourish.


I believe the growth mindset will be helpful to me this semester because I am taking a lot of course work, and I have a bad tendency to just not do something at all if it means it will not be perfect. The growth mindset though would be to do my best and learn from it and move on. I think that I have inadvertently learned some growth mindsets from just being in college. High school was not hard for me so facing challenges in school was definitely an adjustment for me in college, but throughout the 4 years I have been here, I have learned that failing something is not the end of the world, and it does not mean I will never be good at whatever I failed at. 

My personal goals for the semester right now is to just keep my head above water, but that also includes doing well in all my classes to help me get into nursing school. Thankfully I am interested in all the classes I am taking so I do not think it will be too overwhelming. 




(Growth Mindset Meme, Meme Blog, Source)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an indecisive girl

Week 13 Story: The Princes' Tree