My Favorite Place: Airplanes



 (Airplane in Sky, Source: Flickr)
There is nothing quite like the anticipation of getting on a plane. I know many people who hate flying and the risks that go with it, but for me, the excitement of getting to go to a new place or having just experienced a new city is worth any risk associated. While the whole process of getting to the airport, dropping off bags, going through security, and finding your gate may seem tedious to many, to me it is the beginning of a new adventure.

(Image Information: personal photo out of plane
window 2014)
I have only been on about 14 flights for total of 4 trips in my whole life, but they easily hold some of my favorite memories. From making friends with the man in the next seat who was designing a more environmentally friendly plastic water bottle to befriending the cute kids whose mom definitely needed a break, airports are a unique opportunity to make fast friends without any expectations. 

So while I have visited New York City and London, both of which hold very dear places in my heart, my favorite place is being in limbo up in the air. 


Comments

  1. Oh wow, this is so cool, Kennedie: every semester is full of surprises, and I don't think airplanes have come up before as a favorite place... airports, yes, but not the planes themselves. Fabulous! I feel about TRAINS the way you do about airplanes... maybe you will get to have an exciting train adventure sometime in the future too. Especially if you get a chance to go back to London and travel around Europe, train adventures await you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kennedie! I like how positive you are about the process of getting on an airplane. I have motion sickness so all I do is sleep the whole plane ride after taking my medication. I admire how outgoing and social you are though to befriend the guy in the seat next to you and the little kids. I never really looked at airports in the way you do but I will try to be more positive the next time I go to the airport!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an indecisive girl

Week 13 Story: The Princes' Tree