Project Brainstorm:

I like the idea of doing something out of the gods and goddesses set of stories because I think they are the most interesting.  Here are the first for I looked at for my project:

Indra: Indra is the god of lightening and thunder. I like that he kind of fell from grace in the sense that he is no longer worshipped in Hinduism because he started being seen as an alcoholic. I think it is interesting that they put human like afflictions on a god. I think it would be interesting to do a project on him because he reminds me of Thor because of what he is god of and Loki because of his recklessness. I like the idea of tying in modern stories into the Indian Epics ones. Source

Karma: I think Karma would be a good topic because I believe in karma and never knew where the concept came from. It has always just been one of those things that made sense, and now learning the backstory, I find it even more interesting. I also think that a storyline surrounding the concept of actions one puts out into the world comes back is something that could be fun to try. Source

Reincarnation: Just like karma, I have also wondered about reincarnation. I do not have my thoughts as formed about this topic, but it is also something I have thought about (I often joke that my dog was a giraffe in a previous life). While most of the time it is just a passing thought, I really enjoyed learning the history of it and its ties to so many different religions. I think there are a lot of good modern takes on reincarnation and how it affects people that could be fun to work with. Source

Lakshmi: I loved learning about Lakshmi because I found her ties to weddings fascinating. I think weddings in other cultures are so cool because of the history behind them. Also that she is worshiped in Diwali, I have seen pictures of it before and it seems like one of the most magical events. I would love to get to go see it in India in person at some point. It seems like something out of a fairytale. Also, I like that Lakshmi's story has a love story in it because I think those are always fun to tell and read. Source

(Diwali Celebration, Wikimedia Commons, Source)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an indecisive girl

Week 13 Story: The Princes' Tree