Wikipedia Trail: Hindu Deities to Shachi


Hindu deities
I started at Hindu Deities because I find Gods and Goddesses fascinating. There is so much on this page so I scrolled down to the list of them, and just started clicking until I found someone who seemed interesting. I recommend this to everyone because there are so many that we do not cover in class.

Lakshmi
Lakshmi is the Goddess of Wealth, Prosperity, and Fortune. She was born of the ocean and she is the wife of Vishnu. She is usually depicted with 4 hands to signify the 4 goals of Hindu life.

Shakti
Shakti is an energy and power. It is usually a more feminine power known as the divine female power and present in women. It can also be present in men, though, in potential. It is a very cool concept and reminds me of a Girl Power movement of ancient India.

Shachi
From there, I ended up at Shachi. Shachi is the Goddess of Jealousy and wrath. I love how in Hindu, emotions have Gods and Goddesses, not just things like war or the sea. Shakti is mentioned a lot in the stories about Shachi because she is a Goddess and therefore harnesses this female power.

Image Information: Wikimedia Commons, Lakshmi, Source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to an indecisive girl

Week 13 Story: The Princes' Tree